Abstract submission guidelines
IACR 2017 ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Ensuring Quality and Use of Data from Cancer Registries in the 21st Century
Plenary themes under which authors can submit their abstracts:
- Cancer surveillance for cancer control
- The role of cancer registries in screening programmes and prevention
- The role and integration of cancer registries in clinical outcomes
- Analysing, presenting and communicating cancer registry data
- Cancer registries and ‘big data’: the next generation of studies
Please make sure your abstract meets the following requirements listed below. The submission deadline is on 12 June 2017.
- Registration is not a pre-condition for abstract submission, but you are encouraged to register as soon as possible.
- Please consult the program themes to ensure the relevance of the abstract, and note the theme relevant to your abstract.
- Authors. Up to 10 authors, including the main author and from up to five institutions, can be included in the author list. TheAuthors list of authors is not included in the total wordcount.
- An author can submit a maximum of five (5) abstracts.
- Abstract Format:
- The abstract title must be 15 words maximum (not included in word count) and typed in UPPERCASE.
- The body of the abstract should include four parts:
- Do not include tables or pictures in the text boxes.
- The maximum wordcount is 300 words, written in English and typed in Arial size 10.
- Please do not use hyphenation to separate a word at the end of a line to start a new line. The ends of line will not necessarily accord with the printing process.
- Authors may indicate their presentation preference: oral or poster presentation. The decision on presentation format will be confirmed by the conference’s Scientific Program Committee who is tasked with evaluating the submitted abstracts.
- Submission. Abstracts must be submitted through the IACR conference portalAbstract submission is now closed. Reviews now ongoing to allow for proper monitoring. The system allows for saving and editing of abstracts.
- Acceptance of abstracts into the conference program as oral or poster presentations will be based on the evaluation the IACR 2017 Scientific Program Committee.
- Authors will receive a notification on the evaluation of their respective abstracts via the email addressed specified during the abstract submission.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be required to confirm their attendance and finalize their registration prior to final inclusion in the conference program.
- Accepted abstracts (oral and poster presentations) will be published in the IACR 2017 program. Abstracts may be edited by the organizers to ensure conformity in presentation, language, syntax. Authors will have the opportunity to check that the contents have been respected.
- Presenters who are 35 yrs old and below will be invited to apply for the Enrico Anglesio Poster Prize (awarded at the end of the conference).
For any other questions or technical issues on abstract submission or registration, please contact the IACR 2017 Conference Secretari at email@example.com.